Swiss PedNet started the new teaching and networking event “NextGen Research Day” for young researchers in the field of pediatrics in 2018. In 2019 its 2nd edition was carried out successfully.
Directed by Sandra Bigi and Nicolas Waespe from SwissPedNet, 20 young researchers attended the meeting on November 21, 2019 in Bern.
The morning session was composed of six interactive workshops focusing on practical skills needed in clinical research.
Barbara Goeggel Simonetti during the workshop "Development of a research question and study proposal".
An innovative format – scientific speed dating, meet the expert – was implemented in the afternoon.
During the breaks, the participants were able to network and have interesting conversations. And refreshing meals were also not missing.
The meeting concluded with the keynote lecture “Out of the shadows – a treatment for the rare genetic light intolerance condition erythropoietic protoporphyria” presented by Jasmin Barman-Aksözen, Stadtspital Waid & Triemli, International Porphyria Patient Network (IPPN).
The event was possible thanks to the great commitment of:
- Prof. Matthias Baumgartner, University Children's Hospital Zurich
- Dr Michael Büttcher, Children’s Hospital Luzern
- Dr Thomas Fabbro, University Hospital Basel, CTU Basel
- Prof. Marc Froissart, CHUV, CTU Lausanne
- PD Dr Barbara Goeggel Simonetti, Ospedale Regionale Bellinzona
- Prof. Roger Lauener, Children’s Hospital of Eastern Switzerland, St. Gallen
- Prof. Marc Pfister, University Children’s Hospital Basel UKBB
- Prof. Klara Posfay Barbe, University Children's Hospital Geneva
- PD Dr. Florian Singer, University Children’s Hospital Bern
- PD Dr Gábor Szinnai, University Children’s Hospital Basel UKBB
The organizers and all participants thank Bayer, Eli-Lilly and Roche for their generous financial support.