Impressions from the 1st NextGen Research Day
Swiss PedNet started the new teaching and networking event “NextGen Research Day” for young researchers in the field of pediatrics.
Directed by Sandra Bigi and Ulrike Halbsguth from PedNet Bern and Nicolas Waespe from SwissPedRegistry, 20 young researchers attended the meeting on November 22, 2018 in Bern.
The morning session was composed of six interactive workshops focusing on practical skills needed in clinical research.
Scientific Speed Dating
An innovative format – scientific speed dating, meet the expert – was implemented in the afternoon.
No child deserves bad medicine
The meeting concluded with the keynote lecture “No child deserves bad medicine” presented by Prof. Saskia de Wildt, Radboud University, Nijmegen, NL.
Acknowledgement and thanks
The event was possible thanks to the great commitment of:
- Prof. Matthias Baumgartner, Head Metabolic Diseases, University Children's Hospital Zurich
- Prof. Marc Pfister, Vicehead pediatric pharmacology, University Children’s Hospital Basel UKBB
- PD Dr Gábor Szinnai, Vicehead pediatric endocrinology, University Children’s Hospital Basel UKBB
- PD Dr Sven Trelle, Head Clinical Trials Unit, Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, University Bern
- Prof. Christoph Aebi, Head infectious diseases, University Children’s Hospital Bern Inselspital
- PD Dr Barbara Goeggel Simonetti, Head of the Pediatrics Service, Ospedale Regionale Bellinzona
- Dr. Franziska Righini, Senior physician, Children’s Hospital Luzern
- Dr. Michael Büttcher, Senior physician, Children’s Hospital Luzern
- Prof. Klara Posfay Barbe, Head of General Pediatrics, University Hospital Geneva
The organizers and all participants thank Pfizer, Switzerland, for their support.